HOLINESS IN THE NEW BIRTH-Part 1
Foundational Scripture: Ephesians 1:3-14
NOTE: To be holy is to be Christlike in character.
A. God's plan to give man the right to become His child, to receive His nature
B. This could only be done after man legally had been removed from satan's
authority (Luke 4:5-7)
II. Redemption is two-fold.
A. Past=legal side (Colossians 1:12)
B. Present=living side (Ephesians 1:13)
III. satan has no authority over the body of Christ.
A. Legally=Jesus broke death's power the moment He arose
1. 2nd Corinthians 5:17
2. Man was free-reconciled.
B. Presently-the moment we make Him Lord that freedom goes into affect
C. Romans 8:2; 6:8-14. We are redeemed from spiritual death, sickness,
disease, and poverty.
D. Galatians 3:13
1. We are redeemed to God
2. Revelation 5:9-10
IV. Fruit of the Spirit produces Christlike character.
A. The fruit of the reborn spirit=power forces of redemption
1. Galatians 5:17-25
2. All we need is ours (1st Corinthians 3:21-23)
3. The power is in us (2nd Corinthians 4)
4. We are complete in Him (Colossians 2:6-15)
B. Not subject to ordinances: We are subject to holiness by faith
(Colossians 2:20; 3:1-12)
1. Philippians 4:6-8; Colossians 3:1-2; Hebrews 10:25, 12:14
2. Association with holy people, most of all God (continually)-speaking to the
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME......