Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 10, 2008

OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECIES-JESUS MINISTRY ON EARTH

Jesus Ministry on Earth – Prophecies


Genesis 3:15 – “And I (God) will put Enmity between thee (satan) and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; It (Jesus) shall bruise thy head, and though shall bruise his heal.” (NT reference - Gal. 3:15)

Genesis 17:19 – “And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I (God) will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him”.

Genesis 18:18 – “Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all nations of the earth shall be blessed in him.”

Genesis 21:12 – “And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad (Ishmael), and because of thy bondwoman (Hagar); in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.” (NT reference – Matthew 1:2)

Genesis 22:18 – “And in thy seed (Abraham) shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” (NT reference - Hebrew 2:16)

Genesis 28:14 – “And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the West, and to the East, and to the North and to the South: and in thee (Abraham) and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.” (NT reference - Matthew 1:2)

Genesis 49:10 – “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh (symbolic name, Ruler of Judah – Jesus) come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. (NT reference – Hebrews 7:14)

Exodus 12:46 – “In one house shall it be eaten (Passover lamb); thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.” (NT reference - John 19:33,36)

Deuteronomy 18:15 – “The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me (Moses); unto him ye shall harken.” (NT reference - Acts 3:20-22)

II Samuel 7:12 – “And when thy (david) days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I (God) will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I (God) will establish his kingdom.”

II Samuel 7:13 – “He (Jesus) shall build a house for my name, and I (God) will establish the throne of (his) kingdom.” (NT reference – Romans 1:3)

Psalms 2:1 – “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?”

Psalms 2:2 – “The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying…..” (NT reference Acts 4:25-28)

Psalms 8:2 – “Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.” (NT reference - Matthew 21:15&16)

Psalms 16:10 – “For thou (God) wilt not leave my (Jesus) soul in hell; neither wilt thou (God) suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.” (NT reference – Luke 24:6,31,34)

Psalms 22:1 – “My God, My God, why hast thou (God) forsaken me (Jesus)? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?” (NT reference – Matthew 27:45)

Psalms 22:6 – “But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.”

Psalms 22:7 – “All they that see me laugh me to scorn, they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying….”

Psalms 22:14 – “I (Jesus) am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.”

Psalms 22:16 – “For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and feet.” (NT reference John 19:18; 20:25)

Psalms 22:17 – “I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.”

Psalms 22:18 – “They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my venture.” (NT reference Matthew 27:34)

Psalms 22:27 – “All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.”

Psalms 22:31 – “They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.”

Psalms 31:5 – “Into thine (Gods) hand I (Jesus) commit my spirit: Thou (God) hast redeemed me (Jesus), O Lord God of truth.”

Psalms 34:20 – “He (Jesus) keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.” (NT reference John 19:33,36)

Psalms 35:11 – “False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things I knew not.”

Psalms 38:11 – “My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsman stand afar off.”

Psalms 41:9 – “Yea, mine own familiar friend (Judas), in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.” (NT reference – John 13:18-21)

Psalms 68:18 – “Thou hast ascended on high, thou has led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts of men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord might dwell among them.” (NT reference – Luke 24:51)

Psalms 69:8 – “I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mothers children.” (John 1:10,11 – 7:3-5)

Psalms 69:9 – “For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me (Jesus).” (NT reference – John 2:13-17)

Psalms 69:19 – “Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.”

Psalms 69:21 – “They gave me gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.” (NT reference – Matthew 27:34 and John 19:28-30)

Psalms 72:10 – “The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.” (NT reference - Matthew 2:1,2,11)

Psalms 78:2 – “I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old…”

Psalms 78:3 – “Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.”

Psalms 78:4 – “We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generations to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.” (NT reference Matthew 13:34,35)

Psalms 109:4 – “For my love they are my adversaries (accuse me): but I give myself unto prayer (even as I make prayer for them.)”

Psalms 109:24 – “My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.

Psalms 109:25 – “I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.”

Psalms 110:1 – “The Lord said unto my Lord, sit thou at my right hand until I make thine enemies thy footstool.” (NT reference Hebrews 1:3)

Psalms 118:22 – “The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.” (NT reference Matthew 21:42)
Isaiah 7:14 – “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” (Name interpreted – God with us.) (NT reference Matthew 1:18-25)

Isaiah 9:1 – “Nevertheless the dimness (gloom) shall not be such as was in her vexation (anguish), when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulum and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.” (NT reference – Matthew 4:12,16,23)

Isaiah 9:22 – “The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light (Jesus): they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.” (NT reference John 1:1-5)

Isaiah 11:1 – “And there shall come forth a rod (Jesus) out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots…..” (NT reference – Revelation 22:16)

Isaiah 11:2 – “And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord….” (NT reference John 3:34)

Isaiah 11:3 – “And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears….”

Isaiah 11:4 – “But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove (decide) with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.”

Isaiah 11:5 – “And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.”

Isaiah 35:5 – “Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.”

Isaiah 35:6 – “Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.” (NT reference – Matthew 11:4-6)

Isaiah 40:11 – “He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bossom, and gently lead those that are with young.” (NT reference – John 10:14)

Isaiah 41:3 – “He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet.”

Isaiah 41:4 – “Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord the first and with the last; I am he (Jesus).”

Isaiah 41:5 – “The isles (coastlands) saw it and feared; the ends of the earth were afraid, drew near and came.” (NT reference Luke 3:2-6)

Isaiah 42:1 – “Behold my (Gods) servant, whom I (God) uphold; mine elect, in whom my (Gods) soul delighteth; I (God) have put my spirit upon him: he (Jesus) shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.”

Isaiah 42:2 – “He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.” (NT reference – Luke 2:32)

Isaiah 42:3 – “A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.” (NT reference – Matthew 12:20)

Isaiah 42:4 – “He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth; and the isles (coastlands) shall wait for his law.”

Isaiah 49:6 – “And he (God) said, it is a light thing that thou (Jesus) shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou (Jesus) mayest be my (Gods) salvation unto the end of the earth.”

Isaiah 49:7 – “Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel (God), and his Holy One (Jesus), to him whom man despiseth, to him who the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee (who has chosen you).”

Isaiah 50:5 – “The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.”

Isaiah 50:6 – “I (Jesus) gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.” (NT reference – Matthew 26:67 and Mark 14:65)

Isaiah 52:13 – “Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.”

Isaiah 52:14 – “As many were astonied (astonished) at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men….”

Isaiah 53:1 – “Who hath believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?” (NT reference – John 12:37-43)

Isaiah 53:2 – “For he (Jesus) shall grow up before him (God) as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he (Jesus) hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.” (NT reference – Mark 6:1-3)

Isaiah 53:3 – “He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.” (NT reference – John 8:48-52 and Mark 14:27,50)

Isaiah 53:4 – “Surely he (Jesus) hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.” (Matthew 8:16,17 & Mark 14:61-65)

Isaiah 53:5 – “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (NT reference – I Peter 2:21-24; 3:18)

Isaiah 53:6 – “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord (God) hath laid on him (Jesus) the iniquity of us all.” (NT reference - I Peter 2:25 & Romans 5:6-8)

Isaiah 53:7 – “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.” (NT reference – Matthew 27:12-14, Mark 15:2-5 and Acts 2:30-35)

Isaiah 53:8 – “He was taken from prison and from judgment (by oppression and judgment): and who shall declare his generation? For he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.” (NT reference – Acts 8:30-35; 13:27-29)

Isaiah 53:9 – “And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.” (Matthew 27:31-60; Acts 2:30,31, Acts 13:27-29 and Hebrews 4:15)

Isaiah 53:10 – “Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he (God) hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.”

Isaiah 53:11 – “He shall see of the travail of his soul, and be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.” (NT reference Acts 13:38-41 and Romans 3:19-31)

Isaiah 53:12 – “Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.” (Mark 15:27,28; Luke 22:28-30; Luke 23:34; Philippians 2:5-11 and Hebrews 9:28)

Isaiah 61:1 – “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me (Jesus); because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he (God) hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”

Isaiah 61:2 – “To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn….”

Isaiah 61:3 – “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.” (NT reference – Luke 4:16-21)

Jeremiah 23:5 – “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a king shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.”

Jeremiah 23:6 – “In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.”

Jeremiah 31:15 – “Thus said the Lord; a voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rachel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because the were not.” (NT reference – Matthew 2:16-18)

Daniel 9:26 – “And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.” (NT reference – Mark 15:37)

Hosea 11:1 – “When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my Son out of Egypt.” (NT reference – Matthew 2:13-15)

Amos 8:9 – “And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day.” (NT reference – Mark 15:38 and Luke 23:44-45)

Amos 8:10 – “And I (God) will turn your feast into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.” (NT reference – Matthew 27:50-54 and John 19:31)

Micah 5:2 – “But though, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” (NT reference – Matthew 2:1)

Zechariah 9:9 – “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy king cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.” (NT reference – Matthew 21:1-11; Mark 11:1-10; Luke 19:30-40 and John 12:14)

Zechariah 9:10 – “And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse (war horse) from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen (nations); and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth."

Zechariah 9:11 – “As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.” (Ephesians 4:8)

Zechariah 11:12 – “And I said unto them, if ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price.” (NT reference – Matthew 26:14-15; Mark 14:10-11; Luke 22:21-22 and John 13:2; 21-30)

Zechariah 11:13 – “And the Lord said unto me, cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.” (NT reference Matthew 27:3-7)

Zechariah 12:10 – “And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first born.”

Zechariah 13:7 – “Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. (NT reference – Matthew 26:31,56)

Zechariah 13:8 – “And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.”

Zechariah 13:9 – “And I will bring the third part through the fire and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, it is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.”

Malachi – 3:1 – “Behold, I (Jesus) will send my messenger (John the Baptist), and he shall prepare the way before me (Jesus): and the Lord whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of Hosts.” (NT reference – Matthew 21:12 and Luke 1:17)

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME..

No comments: