Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

SALVATION

SALVATION
THE BIBLE TEACHES, "SALVATION," "BEING BORN AGAIN" IS NECESSARY FOR A PERSON TO SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD, HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, FORGIVENESS OF SIN AND HAVE THE INDWELLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. HE OR SHE BY FAITH "TRUST" THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD, IS THE CHRIST, "ANOINTED ONE", DIED AND WAS RESURRECTED FROM DEATH FOR THE ATOINMENT OF THEIR SINS. THEY MUST BE WILLING TO TURN AWAY FROM SIN AND TO GIVE THEIR LIVES TO JESUS. SALVATION IS TOTALLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

EPHESIANS 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
EPHESIANS 2:9
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
GOD ELECTS, PREDESTINES, CALLS, JUSTIFIES, SANCTIFIES AND GLORIFIES EVERY TRUE BELIEVER.
ROMANS 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
ROMANS 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

OTHER SCRIPTURE TO STUDY:
ST. JOHN 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:
ST. JOHN 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
ROMANS 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
1ST JOHN 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
PRAYER
THE PERSON SHOULD BE ASKED TO CONFESS THEIR SINS AND TO CALL UPON JESUS TO RECIEVE HIM/HER AND TO GIVE THEIR LIVES OVER TO JESUS. ASK IF THEY WANT HELP IN PRAYER, IF THEY DO THIS IS A GOOD SAMPLE PRAYER TO USE:
JESUS, FORGIVE ME OF MY SINS. I TAKE YOU AT YOUR WORD THAT YOU FORGIVE THOSE WHO ASK. BE MY LORD, AS YOU ARE MY SAVIOR, I GIVE MYSELF TO YOU. I AM YOURS. THANK YOU FOR BEING FAITHFUL AND SAVING ME. I HAVE ASKED AND BELIEVE YOU HAVE SAVED ME. AMEN.
JUST LEAD THE PERSON IN THIS OR A VERY SIMILAR PRAYER BEING SURE THEY SPEAK IT OUT, THEY NEED TO VERBALIZE THE WORDS.
OTHER SCRIPTURE:
A GIFT
ROMANS 6:23
For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
EHESIANS 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
EPHESIANS 2:9
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
2ND TIMOTHY 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
REPENTANCE AND CONFESSION
MATTHEW 3:1
In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
MATTHEW 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
MATTHEW 10:32
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
MATTHEW 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
LUKE 15:10
Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
ACTS 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
ACTS 2:39
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
ACTS 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
ROMANS 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
ROMANS 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
ROMANS 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
2ND PETER 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
1ST JOHN 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
ASSURANCE OF
MARK 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
ST. JOHN 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
ST. JOHN 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
ST. JOHN 10:27-28
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
ROMANS 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
1ST PETER 1:3-5
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1ST JOHN 2:25
And this is the promise that he hath promised us, [even] eternal life.
1ST JOHN 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
REVELATION 3:20-21
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME...

No comments: