THE MODEL PRAYER OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
MATTHEW 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
THE MODEL PRAYER HAS SEVEN VOICES:
1. Of the Son-"Our Father which is in heaven"
2. Of the Saint-"Hallowoed be thy name"
3. Of the Subject-"Thy kingdom come"
4. Of the Servant-"Thy will be done"
5. Of the Supplant-"Give us our daily bread"
6. Of the Sinner-"Forgive us our debts"
7. Of the Sojourner-"Lead us"
GET INTO PRESENCE
1. Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name
A. Picture Calvary and thank God you can call Him "Father"
by virtue of the Blood of Jesus.
B. Hollow the names of God corresponding with the five
benefits in the new covenant, and make your faith declarations.
Benefit Name Meaning
Sin Jehovah-Tsidkenu "Jehovah our righteousness"
Jehovah-Kaddesh "Jehovah who sanctifies"
Spirit Jehovah-Shalom "Jehovah is peace"
Jehovah-Shammah "Jehovah is there"
Soundness Jehovah-Rophe "Jehovah heals"
Success Jehovah-Jireh "Jehovah's provison shall be seen"
Security Jehovah-Nissi "Jehovah my banner"
Jehovah-Rohi "Jehovah my shepherd"
2. Tht kingdom come, Thy will be done
B. Your Family (spouse, children, other family members)
C. Your Church (pastor, leadership, faithfulness of people, harvest,
D. Nation (city, state, national political and Spiritual leaders, harvest)
3. Give us this day our daily bread
A. Be in the will of God (prayer life, church, work, habits, obedience in
B. Believe it is God's will to prosper you.
C. Be specific.
D. Be tenacious.
WALK IN PEACE WITH ALL PEOPLE
4. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors
A. Ask God to forgive you.
B. Forgive and release others.
C. Set your will to forgive those who sin against you.
POWER OVER THE DEVIL
5. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
A. Put on the whole armour of God (put on the Lord Jesus the Christ)
1. Loins girt about with Truth.
2. Breastplate of Righteousness.
3. Feet shod with the Preparation (readiness) of the Gospel of peace.
4. Shield of Faith.
5. Helment of Salvation.
6. Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.
B. Pray a hedge of protection (You are my refuge, my fortress, my God)
1. Because thou has made the Lord thy habitation.
2. Because He hath set His love upon me.
3. Because He hath known my name.
PRAISE THE FATHER
6. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory for ever
A. Make your Faith Declarations.
B. Return to Praise.
FOURTEEN PRAYER DIRECTIVES FROM THE WORD
1. Pray for the harvest. Matthew 9:38 Luke 10:2
2. Pray for the nation and local leaders of government. 1st Timothy 2:1
3. Pray for the Church, that God will make it a praise in the
earth. Isaiah 62:7
4. Pray that God will open doors for ministry of the Word. Colossians 4:3
5. Pray for those who mistreated you. Luke 6:28
6. Pray you enter not into temptation. Luke 22:40
7. Pray that you may do no evil. 2nd Corinthians 13:7
8. Pray that your love may abound to all people. Philippians 1:9
9. Pray that your whole spirit, mind and body be preserved blameless
unto the coming of the Lord. 1st Thessalonians 5:23
10. Pray for the fullness of the Holy Spirit. Luke 11:13
11. Pray that you may be able to interpret what you speak in
tongues. 1st Corinthians 14:13
12. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122:6
13. Pray that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life. 1st Timothy 2:2
14. Pray to have the desires that God wants you to have.
Psalm 37:4 Mark 11:24
"THESE THINGS ARE THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOU"
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME...